Re: [CBQ] Double Heading Steam

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Double Heading Steam
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:48:24 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1245343741; bh=QQc57LHg41Ea1PYtkkYKCGx9PlIenewCny/u6BxgMz4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=RQEncG1IAEoorLmkkuLy5hFFP5F1956GYqu0fFEQxijJEdTMsav2oETjbM+FHdNtAQUsGtMqI9vAprIExXb0SHp0j3urlKgWJmCx3AnNJnQv8LaugFRWHIQ7iJO/1xD/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Archie,

All sounds good to me. The IHB had a few tricks they used that made
it even safer and more easy. It took more time but the more time
made the more money so why hurry. There were many IHB crews that did
not use hand signals at all. Even with a lite engine or just a few
cars they would still use the air. Many Engineers would not even look
outside at all but only watched the air.

I recall one Conductor that tripped his foot and feel down. There
was about 40 cars being moved. Engineer and Head Switchman just kept
by the rule and continued moving. After it was about two or three
miles they finally decided that something was wrong. They did not
have a crossing blocked so they just sat there and waited. Conductor
did not feal like that much of walking so I drove him to where we
expected to be the closest. He walked to where it was and set the air.
Then every went back to normal, it was just a rather long move.

Russ