Re: [CBQ] GN U33C's Being Delivered On CB&Q

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GN U33C's Being Delivered On CB&Q
From: "Paul Bender" <paul.bender@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 13:55:20 -0400
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
> On Aug 4, 2022, at 1:46 PM, Ralph Brown <rwbrown1021@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Why are there cars between the motors?  I would think they'd keep them
> together for easier set out.

I don't know the particular rules in play here, but on some roads there were
rules about separating locomotives dead in tow from each other.

I know in one rulebook ( from the Frisco) that I have in my collection states
locomotives dead in tow are to be separated from live locomotives and each
other by one car.

There also might be rules about weight restrictions on bridges which might
require the separation seen in the photo.

Paul