Re: [CBQ] Last Steam Locomotive in Mt. Morris?

To: cbq@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Last Steam Locomotive in Mt. Morris?
From: "Louis Zadnichek via groups.io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 16:04:07 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
June 24, 2022

Bill - Yes, the Rochelle chute would've been used as it was more convenient being closer than the one in Savanna - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL

In a message dated 6/24/2022 9:37:41 AM Central Standard Time, clipperw@gmail.com writes:

Bill and others,

The Mt. Morris job worked out of Eola, I believe. There was no need for coal at Oregon as there was a coal dock at Rochelle as shown in the attached photo from the members only Flickr gallery. A train working the branch could have easily taken coal at Rochelle in both direction if needed. The locomotives, in most cases, were likely R class 2-6-2s. The pacific, such as the one shown in Zephyr 47, were only used in the early 1950s as steam commuter service ended. No. 2816, shown in the Zephyr, was sold for scrap in 12-1952.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

Re: Last Steam Locomotive in Mt. Morris?