Re: [CBQ] Oregon/Mt Morris Steam Locomotive

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Oregon/Mt Morris Steam Locomotive
From: "Richard Gortowski via groups.io" <rgortowski=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:50:23 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Leo and I had discussed this in the past. In 1948, 52 arrived at Oregon at 6:05 pm, then arrived in Chicago at 8:35 pm, so it could have worked the cars from Kable, albeit slower.  In 1950, 52 arrived in Oregon at 6:49 am, so the schedule was totally flipped-flopped and it would not facilitate handling any cars from Kable.  This may have been due to the addition of the Oregon Turn.

The BRHS archives has a revenue/ridership study undertaken by the Q in July of 1951 to try to kill 45/52.  It's very interesting reading and looks at what would need to be done if they were to discontinue these trains.  It got messy.

Rich G.