Re: [External] [CBQ] Kable Brothers Plant

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [External] [CBQ] Kable Brothers Plant
From: "Carroll, Ed" <ed.carroll@heartland.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 00:00:30 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Having toured a paper mill in Wisconsin years ago I think this would be the cooling and venting structure for the area where the bleaching chemicals and finishing chemicals were stored.

I remember that there was an incredible draft as we neared the chemical storage area. It was also somewhat louder than other parts of the plant. Ear protection was required through the facility except in the three control rooms.

My best guess. If I wanted the working areas to be more comfortable, then the very long rolling building is where I'd have air conditioning because that was very hot and humid.

Edward V. Carroll
Distinguished Professor of History - Emeritus
Heartland Community College
1500 West Raab Road
Normal IL 61761

ed.carroll@heartland.edu

Understanding the past requires pretending that you don't know the present.
Paul Fussell