Re: [CBQ] Mars Light on CBQ, CS and FWD SD9's

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mars Light on CBQ, CS and FWD SD9's
From: "Scott Given" <tttodisp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 09:42:14 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Bill,

Do you recall when the trackage west of Forest Avenue and east of Washington was removed?  I grew up (and still live) in Downers Grove also, but I don't remember that trackage.  I recall the switch from the run-around track that crossed Main Street to the west, going to what seemed to be a team track.  There was a separate flasher signal for northbound Main Street traffic in addition to the gates for both directions.  I do remember in 1964 for the 100th anniversary celebration where the 4-4-0 was spotted behind the depot, as I watched a Geep pull it from there across the Downers Grove plant to the yard, getting the lunar signal on the signal bridge (all four tracks had the lunar at the bottom for yard entry, whereas the three mainline track also had two high searchlight signals for normal moves).

Scott Given
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61013) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_