Re: [CBQ] Mars Light on CBQ, CS and FWD SD9's

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Mars Light on CBQ, CS and FWD SD9's
From: "Tom Hammer" <hammermann1911@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 06:49:59 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Mars Lights are the greatest safety items on a train.  Forget them damn ditch lights. I see them and I think it's a car.
I was driving a car load of friends around the Aurora Farm country in the early 60'ies, through corn fields that were so tall that you couldn't see anything but the road ahead.
We saw a light flashing around in the sky and realized it was a Mars Light from a Train.   So we started looking for the train, and we found that we were coming to a grade crossing, and we stopped  in time.  Without that Mars Light we mite have been a statistic.   Tom Hammer
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61002) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_