[CBQ] Mars Light on CBQ, CS and FWD SD9's

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Mars Light on CBQ, CS and FWD SD9's
From: "fuchst900 via groups.io" <fuchst900=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 07:20:54 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
This is in regard to pictures on pages 22 and 23 of Bulletin 47 showing CS and FWD SD7 in passenger service with the upper (White) light on the signal light lit.  My question is how these were handled on the Burlington?  I  know the some railroads, like the DRGW used signal light as an additional headlight and the oscillation worked in conjunction with horn for crossings.  Since these are the only pictures I have seen, were these lights on constantly while on passenger assignments or is this coincidence the cameraman happened to snap the picture at a rail crossing when the signal light was flashing?  I have been under the impression that these lights were only in use at crossings and consequentially set DCC lighting to gyrate only when the crossing horn is pushed?  Amazing the items that were never discussed before the wonders of DCC?  Steve near Walla Walla
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60970) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_