Re: [CBQ] Hallmark E-5 #9915B re-powering

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hallmark E-5 #9915B re-powering
From: "railbass" <railbass@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 15:38:05 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I am planning on converting a couple of Proto2K E6s into E5 A-B sets.   One problem I haven't solved yet with my research into this project are the roof grills.   Two types were used on the E5s, and A and B units sometimes had different types.   The Proto 2K E6 models have the roof grill vents parallel to the unit body.   Some photos show the roof grill vents mounted crosswise, perpendicular to the body axis.   In BB10, the photo of 9911 A-B on the Exposition Flyer appear to have the two types of roof grills on these units.   The B units were only bought in 1940 for the original sets.   What were the roof grills like on these original B units?   Were they identical to the A units or different?   Could someone direct me to overhead photos of these original E5 A-B sets?
- John Manion
  Denver, CO