[CBQ] Hallmark E-5 #9915B re-powering

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Hallmark E-5 #9915B re-powering
From: "John Olson" <trains28@jimsjunction.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 09:22:33 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
   Several members have asked to see photos of my re-powering the Hallmark E-5 using an Atlas/Kato motor w/two hole mount and Life-Like Proto 2000 E-6 trucks. Hopefully the photos will be worth a 1000 words since there is no exact science here and the 3 units I re-powered were basically file and fit until everything worked.

  Two important things: You need to remove about 1/8" from the mounts to lower the motor a bit, and the Proto trucks swivel over the center axle where the Hallmark truck swiveled between the center and outer axle- so the bolster pin needs to be moved inward about 1/4". The Evergreen plastic piece with the bolster pin is just super-glued to the frame since it really isn't subjected to much physical force and mainly keeps the trucks from falling off when you pick up the locomotive. I am sure someone can come up with some improvements, but this worked for me.

  John

--
John Olson- owner

Jim's Junction