Re: [CBQ] Question on Rule 501I - Permissive Signal

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question on Rule 501I - Permissive Signal
From: "Brandon Otterstrom via Groups.Io" <brandono13=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 09:57:15 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Mr Mack,

Would you be willing to share the photograph of this signal with me. I am a signal technician on the C&I and have never seen a photo of a Q signal displaying this aspect.

I can say that at Earlville, these marker lights were controlled automatically based on the direction a train movement was lined up leaving the plant through a Marker-Light-Stick-Relay (MESR).

Also at Earlville, there was one of these maker lights on the pot signal governing westward train movements leaving the Baker Main towards the south main track. This was circuited to allow movement back against a train left on the south main following a previous eastward movement passed the cleared eastward home signal on the south main; a back-on-train type of signal.

I have in my possession a vintage CB&Q signal blueprint of the Earlville plant dated in the mid-60’s when this plant was CTCed.

Thank you in advance,

Brandon Otterstrom
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#57312) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic