RE: [Bulk] Re: [CBQ] Rivarossi CB&Q U28C #563 & #571

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Bulk] Re: [CBQ] Rivarossi CB&Q U28C #563 & #571
From: "'Dave Lotz' Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:18:58 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1455138974; bh=sYWMBwO2kCFQU7ZBIyChTpsE4RyceZlqM6PguaBggf8=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=gzmKca2zT+6sVMiiindZSiP8VOpSev+XEV49FcaUbHA+Gq1TzHULkyef0lxj5ciWNiXc2cRE/+lHb+vZDrHozJQIbRQPnbuyLM7HaKPgKhDAuW+lPTEyjoQq6vtRSnKxlKINvL0NqvTAhMHEwRGAgDCDuDvoZw0KHmGinANpv4c=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Scott,

As for decoders, only one I know for sure is the LokSound Select 21 pin decoder for both the U25C and U28C. The earlier run of the U25Cs had a 21 pin socket and an 8 pin socket with dummy plugs in the DCC Ready version- using an 8 pin decoder got you just the basic light functions - not all the warning lights.   Neither Digitrax nor NCE web sites show a 21-pin decoder, nor do they show a suggested decoder for the Rivarossi U-boats.  IMHO, if you are buying one of these, spend the extra $ and get it with the decoder installed.  The LokSound decoders are excellent, high-quality units.

Dave