RE: [CBQ] Color Of CB&Q MOW Vehicles & Equipment

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Color Of CB&Q MOW Vehicles & Equipment
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:45:38 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1444859157; bh=7K0Z6LoIWoPjqK+I5abSMWl6z8+4XrDo4Byx4T4k+Y4=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=s0NRuIR5KTwLfAD2D7fYhiwBYKi8J1jL4/ngGlU8QeKldVwi/1V16187clcKEqpZWt87uJoEsJznv+vCKdKEW14+SxbrZPVth5tZG9iMfT/w8Le+qNDTMC2CrRTo+TLVXC1tgtZ5B0WwLqV4s0dB2z3oGGLy0pceOOe/rEW6f40=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Unfortunately, the MARKINGS FOR AUTOMOTIVE EQUIPMENT PLAN 95367-B Rev B 10-6-58 at the Newberry does not indicate the color of the vehicle, just the placement of the Scotchlite Herald and the Lettering of Department and Vehicle Number and EW and GW info.

Since the lettering was to be Black on a Gold background rectangle I would not rule out the dark green as a vehicle color in 1958 either.  The drawing covers all off rail vehicles, truck and passenger, assigned to all departments.

Charlie Vlk

Just a small point, but almost  all the pickup trucks were assigned the mechanical department, not MOW. I have 1957 and 1959 automotive equipment assignment sheets, which I will check when I get moved into my new home, in "the near future". I know, later some "crew cab" pickups were assigned to the track forces and at least some of those were painted orange. I do not recall any company service trucks being painted mineral red but some cars, Hi-Rail sedans and station wagons were maroon with white lettering. The Stores Department 1950 stake bed Chevy truck at Centralia was dark green.

Posted by: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>