Re: [CBQ] Color Of CB&Q MOW Vehicles & Equipment

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Color Of CB&Q MOW Vehicles & Equipment
From: "Jim Goodin jbgoodin225@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:02:36 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1444870958; bh=/wwhoMUc+vAOIOM1Mmas1CjjdjVAr9hWIYitED4b9Fg=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=vzqgNOGqa+mY4SG8rVRQW2iVnTmLt6e0g1I7MusJhTX/DIYc1Mg1KpE5AigO1JzwiHnaO/KpDoiLLkiTvkouQN56mY7V7ldDMdKa3lC4VX4mmZi6r6RkJF1M6whbokuau5qCUsaYyPjdMQQcr4rVPDq3cj2Pv7nyccIBo/4g5aE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi  Paul,

  Yes, I have talked with Classic Metal about the Ford trucks when they were asking for info through some 1/87 vehicle sites I frequent.  Most of the color company service truck photos I've seen are painted a very dark green with some white details.  The Ford Holly Green appears to be the closest match to the photos.  I've never seen a mineral red truck photo, but am open to any new evidence.  I've seen lists of company vehicles in the 50's, however they only indicate assignment and do not give the applied color.  I've always been curious of the dark green vs orange assignments even in the BN days.

  I also have an actual decal and some mechanical department drawings(dated in the 50's) of the lettering.  Photos and dimensions were provided to CMW.  I also pointed out that while the Q had many Fords in the fleet, I could not verify a 1960 version(the CMW model).  Many of the photos I've seen are of trucks either mid 50's or mid 60's.

  The very few photos I've seen of late 60's trucks were an orange crew cab International pickup or a couple dark green International Loadstar medium duty stake trucks.  There are no models for the pickup, but if your ever looking to build a Loadstar I've seen the correct cabs on eBay.

Jim Goodin
Blue Grass, IA

Sent from my iPad