[CBQ] Color Of CB&Q MOW Vehicles & Equipment

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Color Of CB&Q MOW Vehicles & Equipment
From: "Paul Kossart paulkossart@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:36:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Of course this varies by year - I know early (pre-1959?) colors used
were Mineral Red.  Then my understanding of pics and what I've read
indicates the orange color was adopted up until the merger that
created BN when the color was changed to brown(?).

However, Classic Metal Works recently released a Burlington MOW 1960
Ford pickup in HO painted green!  When I contacted them on the color
suggesting they check with the BRHS on its authenticity, I received
the following response from them:

"Paul - We did in fact receive prototype information from the CB&Q
Historical Society. Jim Goodin provided us with photos and official
diagrams. According to him the CB&Q used primarily dark green
vehicles... however there were some orange vehicles in fleet."

This shocked me as I have been following and modeling the "Q" via
several sources over the past 25 years and don't recall ever seeing
this color mentioned or in a photo.  I am modeling the "Q" in the late
1960's and would like to use the correct color scheme on my MOW
equipment.  Can anyone in the group here comment on this or the above
message.  Thanks!

Paul Kossart aka "Paul The CB&Q Guy"
Modeling the CB&Q In HO

Posted by: Paul Kossart <paulkossart@gmail.com>