RE: [CBQ] Re: Terminal Transfers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Terminal Transfers
From: "'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 21:52:43 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1418269963; bh=rJOcSjRJFjq1I76m/ZGoiG/oWd0CadxgiKPXsJYVPM4=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=g9roQAmYpsdoUsM998AId94Ux+OIrCR8DEknisxkiI4OtjbbR5hYfwIEowUlIIzYc2ldN7gMYmABYhM1YFoyTWcGuzkfro+wPZFCf5nig8uFkjCOMgagipoPpnQ5r3lqZJPWMDoUTEaFjx1hh86He8p5bCTGkE8H6dsXhHnx29k=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Leo I am still confused. I do not work for a railroad, so maybe I am missing something. If there is a six-month agreement in place that permits only one railroad to work a certain job, that makes sense, but only if that job does the work of both railroads. But what you have described sounds like only part of the work is being done. If the agreement for six months, allows railroad A to take cars to railroad B’s yard as a transfer run and returns lite, how do the cars from B’s yard get to A’s yard? A is returning lite, ie no cars.

You say Railroad B takes cars to A’s yard and returns lite. If each road returns lite, what purpose is there for a six month agreement? Unless it’s only purpose is to determine which railroad gets to deliver cars just prior to midnight. If that is the purpose of the six month agreement that was nowhere indicated in the original message, or subsequent messages.