[CBQ] Re: Terminal Transfers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Terminal Transfers
From: "runextra@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2014 09:23:18 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1418232199; bh=0p0BLYuK9ABWiSmS5r2LLZskTNkLPdOggX1AFrvOvVw=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=T/mZHphRRNAkBEyx9unArWNkiQWh3/Vd0MnYQlVT/Z7IM5eb6mK9NVddBn5lxnQL1uKzZo9oX/jFjvqrIZXWgrNn2uxYSDYfVTQpyZ+tdimm/52C2rfFqWFlB8nZ2q98OKn4ZeH+lzY690bcv7yLl3oc0G/Ena2TM4ijfb8Lp+g=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

>For many decades their was the 6 month agreement on terminal transfers. This applied to all terminals in North America... The agreement stated road A would deliver to road B a transfer and return to their terminal Caboose lite. After that road B would come to road A's terminal w/c lite and pick up the transfer. Of course the flip,side applied also. In essence transfer crews operated Way car lite half the day.

I got to thinking about the above statements and I don't see how that worked? Cars have to be transferred in both directions every day. As I said in my previous post, by the late 1960s we were hauling cars in both directions on transfer runs in Cincinnati. If at some time previous to that transfer crews were only hauling cars from their own yard to another yard then returning cab-hop to their own yard that means the other yard had to be doing the same thing at the same time or else no cars would ever go the reverse direction. So where does the 6 month rule come into play? I can see a 6 month rule if terminal A transfers cars in BOTH directions for 6 months then Terminal B transfers cars in BOTH directions for 6 months. That eliminates the cab-hops.
But cab-hops AND a 6 month rule makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

Posted by: runextra@gmail.com