Re: [CBQ] Re: End of Branchline - How did they turn the engine?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: End of Branchline - How did they turn the engine?
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:46:44 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1363967206; bh=5Wj1ndnEjcJP+8nU7dUtWtmyXP6RleUqmHW5RGxHKvk=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Wu9AIx9LgWIDTT97Z+6LxhSdY7ZeuXW9knZmY8ZcZUT2P20NhachtlNe2+Ny7n2AtiDew+Ck4xw/zNfrAnAZ62jlwUeTcD0SSs/76XszrzK77clVB1HgGp6hs8Yoh79ZG2PzX4kGcnAB+LVYySL6gZgTs8HttMevQFBNdmfoiDw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To get some idea how this worked look in the Rule Book on page 17 shows the letters placed in the Columns provided in the Timetable Indicate:
T - turntable or wye;
Now look at your employees timetable for the subdivision there is a column titled Signs and this column will tell you IF the town had a turntable or a wye  ie:  Alexandria and Centerville Sub.  in the sign column for Granger is only a F(stood for fuel) while for Centerville the same column shows B, K, O, R, T, Yd  so here you could find Bulletins and general orders, Standard Clock, agent or operator, train register, Turntable or wye, Yard.
In another file I have a CB&Q Turntables Lines East dated 4/11 showing Centerville had a 59.67 foot deck girder hand powered table built by Lassig in 1892 installed at Centerville 1906 with a capacity of K5 tender full, H3 tender empty and Wye in vicinity NO  IF you got a track chart CD (Lines East only) there is a page for the turntables that was the last chart put out by the Q and it shows for Centerville 68 ft. Deck Girder American Bridge Co. #1 electric drive but the same data for install date and builder. Like it might have been rebuilt over the years  the later capacity shows tender full D4a  tender empty K4  and in remarks "Table limited to D4a engines by steel stresses"
Also often there are notes in the special instructions as to speeds for reverse moves as in case a short move was made not going all the way cross a subdivision
Lines West I can not help you
Steve in SC