[CBQ] Re: Adverts

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Adverts
From: "mdeckergwtcnet" <mdecker@gwtc.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:31:02 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1356107465; bh=30eXOZymDtq3R4V6zQrX+F0wnCJxCBwsfdJRbbPmVrA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=yoD1PXhbhaKu33jbDW+leAhl/bRrtr64WqE/ewyS60ukXo6f3FsveeH5IDy4viMgkvAeWtGttw4/+xL/9aIoOnIuf9lfM3b9L9XU0kUFOpAHPi8C+AZgBgU77RnR8bodSfC9qWJ03UmoeXFj0wDim5ZOEerp1Tag9LUM/MeivcA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Boys.......

It was the Supt's initials when I hired out in Edgemont in 1977, then it
changed to the Chief, then the Trick man.  I've got some of those pre-CTC
orders that I'm gathering up for one of our Delayers who's dad was the Chief
when I hired out.

There was more than one fusee with a nail on the end that ended up stuck in the
depot door at Newcastle when there was an Operator there.  And, if you close
the angle cock on the front of the waycar, fill the rear hose up with water,
and then open the rear angle cock as the motor comes by, you can pump out a lot
of water in a hurry :>)

We had guys whose nicknames went like "Drawbar Willy", "Grab a gob Bob"...also
known as "Straight Air", and "Burrito Bob" mostly for obvious reasons :>)  And,
we still call 'em Motors and Waycars. But, settin' out or pickin' up motors is
now called the more politically correct "Power Mod" :>)

When they first set up the "loading" pool in Gillette, they used to call us off
the Edgemont Extra Board to "protect" vacancies...if you were in Gillette as a
Fireman, they'd sometimes use you "off your turn" to protect the loading pool,
then deadhead you home after.

By the way, Dick.....we haven't loaded coal in years, unless the "van" doesn't
show up on time to get you off the train, the mines have contract loaders (Rail
Link and Watco) to do that now.  We just deliver them mty, and pick them up
loaded, but if it's a high mile mine, they have the "loading" pool bring 'em
down to Donkey Creek, so all you get's 130 and overtime after 8 :>(

We had one DS who repeated back her initials as "Girls Dance Naked", until
somebody made her quit that :>)  We've got one out there now who the other
Dispatchers call "Real Train Slayer", and another "Kill Bullet
Now".......related to the "Newcastle Bullet" road switcher.

Mike

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com