[CBQ] Re: Adverts

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Adverts
From: "broken bolster" <therrboomer@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:09:59 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1356124202; bh=fQjTzRtbDpn2ERT5K32HBY+F1wnoTbxanYbCDOmouKA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=et0njn12YLWeP8ud8yz61VrBtIEpqyd4tAYGXkRTPf18Q9w4/GsoddjeJjvvK3tO8Zso3K1yXGlR1axscThyFaia71E+YhI2bz955NB90Zjm9Q8pxnsj1GJF0TvIheerT0YqGgNh8oWBh202LnpdFb/dOvfLCIIBAT0vQLnxTqg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "mdeckergwtcnet" <mdecker@...> wrote:

> Boys.......
>..We had guys whose nicknames went like "Drawbar Willy", "Grab a gob
>Bob"...also known as "Straight Air", and "Burrito Bob" mostly for obvious
>reasons :>)  And, we still call 'em Motors and Waycars. But, settin' out or
>pickin' up motors is now called the more politically correct "Power Mod" :>)
                     ***************
   Don't forget Rumor Ray, the accordian player.
                     ***************>
> When they first set up the "loading" pool in Gillette, they used to call us
> off the Edgemont Extra Board to "protect" vacancies...if you were in Gillette
> as a Fireman, they'd sometimes use you "off your turn" to protect the loading
> pool, then deadhead you home after.
>
> By the way, Dick.....we haven't loaded coal in years, unless the "van"
> doesn't show up on time to get you off the train, the mines have contract
> loaders (Rail Link and Watco) to do that now.  We just deliver them mty, and
> pick them up loaded, but if it's a high mile mine, they have the "loading"
> pool bring 'em down to Donkey Creek, so all you get's 130 and overtime after
> 8 :>(...
     Once the BN started furnishing hot meals via taxi
     from Gillette and Newcastle we didn't "starve" very
     often.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com