[CBQ] Re: Fire Insurance

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Fire Insurance
From: "Winton" <wyhog@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 04:21:31 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345609294; bh=Wbi+tT9ZEEX+2RYP8fAP34GE92c2M3Yj32L+30sO/Po=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=BZ86av/7cqDNJho5nphyVhvSFnPnjyOsjawxLyl+Nbhh6QBfVDd2t+odHyLDye3zNiB1HYNjkL5bn83GAyXr3iaBo9Xouk2GSwYfL0qhK3A9XF4o54NsuU2OGlfB54zy
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
> Edgemont, SD quite a place... When they transferred me there, my wife cried.

I can certainly understand why she did that. I didn't even like spending the
few hours there as my away-from-home terminal working out of Alliance, and I
tried to limit those occasions to as few possible.

Being engineer on the Edgemont to Deadwood local was a kick though. I really
liked that run.

Things must have certainly changed on the Edgemont-Gillette territory from when
I was working into Gillette. At that time they needed bodies so bad that you
couldn't get fired if you tried, and several tried just to get a few days off.
"Dispatcher to extra 5835 west, did you get by the absolute signal at west
Moorcroft?"
"Extra 5835 west, Yes, I skidded by it a few feet."
"Ok, well back her up into the clear."
"But.. you don't understand dispatcher, I got past the red absolute."
"Yeh, back it up into the clear and wait for a signal."

When I was working out of Sheridan I went to Minneapolis and talked to the Soo
Line. While talking to the Soo Line human resources fella he asked me if I knew
anything about Edgemont, SD? I said yes I had worked into there. He asked me,
"What is wrong with that place? We get at least one inquiry a month from BN
people there wanting to come to work for the Soo."

AK

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com