RE: [CBQ] Aurora, IL Depot (~1930-1986)

To: BRHS Group Site <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Aurora, IL Depot (~1930-1986)
From: Scott Stearns <scott_b_stearns@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:49:07 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330538799; bh=ftPWdpiTz1zuGZEhbF1lJsbnguOq5HzaC4H1zLteDm0=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=VMQ9t9cIKr13w6GBGKwfGs3MoGfWZI5kwAULf7jyqg2s/zkk1FL5cqPfj9oTrEKvlQDaOInwPyoPkOKZIDCV6WkOOyyGrTdHP2ouo/FYe+c6a+gtDmhJIFyIEmpSYBeg
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330538797; bh=BwI7JFxtgSMw7rCwa/S69VPZ4LM5mfVbg7gkYk2uWCo=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:Content-Type:To:Date:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:MIME-Version:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=BSOyDg4OWVcKos6EgofdmgnG2nsYlq1g3K2BfzZTlfssDVP+fH59dcJE1F5LLUO2a14bGb4/XhBkjbErLeGx6eY6aTkgxwscCuh6J/mCZmBrj30Cfm+jlpLqhlwlS0Gq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

James;

Where are you located?  I'm actually in Minnesota but grew up in Aurora.  Through Ebay a few years ago, I picked up a track diagram of the Aurora area from the early 50's, I believe.  It's about 36 inches high and 16 FEET long.  Also, somewhere at home, I have some pictures that I took at the old depot area shortly before the platforms and tracks were taken out.  They're not professional, but they are from several vantage points.

The Aurora Depot is going to be the focal point of my layout whenever I get that started.  I also want to make it as authentic as possible.  I have a few visual memories that are on my "MUST" list to reproduce.

If you're close by, I'd be happy to share that with you.  We do occasionally still get back to Illinois as well.  We are planning to be at the Spring meet in Geneva and we're working on the team for the St Paul Annual meet so we'll be around that entire weekend in September.

Scott Stearns
Zumbrota, MN