Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Fuel Service

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Fuel Service
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 22:55:58 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330498561; bh=wi3u6p/Nhy+YDgIqZXmIDm277kgr1dD63Jft1mcAYas=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-RC-FROM:X-RC-RCPT:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=W9M+4AOyf6+HJzNSF9XwD90fkk/f6OHk2i+AubQWPJcucG7VhM9TA7+C02YHSTTbzv2MIcNNmR0JxhxY5tsb36DLGA6b8UnXoMAuMMq+RLia5mQb9w9yqGrKJF2vo1C5
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

We had a stoker fired coal furnace and it became my job to fill the hopper. If I forgot about 1 or 2 am when the hopper became empty the smoke backed up and leaked out of the hopper and I would have to go down and fill it. OH it smelled.

My dad said the first winter after they moved into a new house with gas heat that they almost froze because they were not accustomed to the gas. With coal my folks if they got cold were used to just standing on the hot air vent and warming up.

Ken Martin