Re: [CBQ] Rochelle Meat packing Plant

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Rochelle Meat packing Plant
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:37:36 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1295496259; bh=GN2w6ukbQcloX9uB9oSHgDoyjgIjFp3zcc3GbrXHegQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=TKLbZgefVCUMGHTG6hZfs8oMoiWTLobQ9KHKPC23tFuSN/90Pw3Fjcs1p5DriYVwYCvkPZEe4OHFmFI94LpgnbNfpcGYWwsL3Q4/3qa7cLzVXeMykXwgTh4IhBATQ6WO
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At one time they even had an open house.  We drove out from Aurora to it but
can
not remember what year it was.
I didn't mess with hogs till I got moved to Galesburg in '83 and worked
part-time for the neighbor.  We would load up from one to two trailer loads
every thrusday and haul to Monmouth.  Wilson ran that plant at the time.  I use
to raise his runts and that is what paid my taxes most years.
Doug I went thru all the paper I have and All I can come up with is some
waybills.  Hogs from Roseville would be trucked to Galesburg for loading to
Tobin Packing Co.  West Albany NY  Q Congress Park IHB to NYC  Drench enroute
when necessary  CB&Q  50590  50 foot Double deck with 161 head
That is the best I can come up with
Steve in SC