Re: [CBQ] XB-1 Progress

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] XB-1 Progress
From: Kenneth Martin <kmartin537@surewest.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 08:58:55 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1289059183; bh=SsNgKJU1vFnxWtza51750OVxqF2b8R7OwD0hFo0vZRs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Spam-Checker-Version:X-Spam-Level:X-Spam-Status:X-Spam-CMAE-Analysis:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:X-Priority:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=WpsmJlRcrCaoXMZDpLYqCB+uGCVPC1jfdNoVXU2550kTZa6adByH+vrgR8GvJYwMpQkcAWHCvLGGidiUg1pdvidr5naxlmSmiielBqlgT5IqjLTj5yfDL+34fx2XePDN
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Nelson,

Pictures, pictures, must have pictures.

I would add the ladder and platforn, while the diagram does not show
it diagrams for other cars don't show ladders either. Also a car
being rebuilt would be brought to current standards. It probably
would not be a ladder as such but grab irons fastened to beams, look
at stock cars.

I am not an expert on air brakes but have picked up a couple of
Westinghouse booklets.
In 1907 you wouldn't have KC type, I don't believe that came into
being untill the '30's.
I have a book from 1911 that just calles it the "quick action triple
valve"with out mentioning a letter. A 1941 pamphlet says the K has
replaced the H model. That said I don't see a visual difference
between the KC and the "quick action" so I would use the KC castings
and arrangement.

Piping diagram of KC freight car brake equipment with type K triple
valve
Straight out of the '41 Westinghouse pamphlet
http://www.tpub.com/content/armytransportation/TM-55-203/
TM-55-2030101.htm

Ken Martin

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com