Re: [CBQ] XB-1 Progress

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] XB-1 Progress
From: Bob <drgw18@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 20:00:41 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1289091678; bh=NzMuZrTSvk5+Fy8PkorkfZ7LT44ohl4XlEHJ52ObMrs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Z7oBUKey6UHYGx51e+QFpYOED/cbzhMgi5Zk0XL8NXxD9Emf9x18RHDt0ME6n5HNs7alZPHueHYPjLpbwsh+czgs6NpG3U1u/hHn4woh9q7VoTSoQpS2OPi6wrsh4nwq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Soo Line Hist. Soc. has launched a project
with the Pullman Library to index Soo
Line-related drawings from Pullman, Haskell &
Barker & Standard Steel (freight & passenger
cars).  As the collection goes back to the 1880s
for passenger and slightly later for freight,
that might be a method of obtaining as-built
information for the cars.  Note that this is
strictly a HS not a personal project - that is to
say, if non-sponsored, it likely wouldn't be a
viable project.  There are some "rules" (one is
you must be a member of the IRM, and I believe
the SLHS donated some money, specific Library
rules remain in effect). but they are rules that
so far have been easy to live by.   This would
have to go through Ted Anderson (on this list or
look at the contact information at
http://www.pullmancar.org/pulindex.htm
) and the BRHS.  The SLHS has the rights to
publish information from this project.  More
information can be had through Ted as I really
haven't been involved.  But it is something to
consider given the various desires and that the
IRM Pullman Library will have some of its archive
residing in a Havelock baggage car in the near
future, and the IRM itself has quite a few
historic CB&Q pieces in their collection.

It should be noted that the Pullman passenger
equipment is already indexed to a point, given
that the original specifications for each Lot
from about 2900 (about 1900) through the 7000,
along with the specifications for the Budd 2nd DZ
and a couple of the Gallery Car orders.

The OLYMPUS track & travel funds are still short,
and could use help - as well as the HW baggage
car arriving some time in the near future from Denver.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com