[CBQ] XB-1 Progress

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] XB-1 Progress
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:49:43 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1288979396; bh=E0oh6euKWpnNssj0GsAl4F+mzHGIwMe6DrA7xqMHFXw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Thread-index:Importance:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fHNuCjZnpO0TsmlD9BfyzeFaCQWDkV0z7DBOtpHNoEDLiKexJt96V/wfeSlxHg8dcWb2nnhVLcM7c7hM+sDw/7ivElkoB7qQqRjIaCk2PKvXeAOIsbR4VxgaufUnI6S6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've finish building an XB-1 barrel car using scale lumber and board by
board construction, and I'm ready to install the brake system. I can't
decide whether or not to add a B end grab iron ladder and brake platform. If
the car was originally built in 1889 or 1890 as Rupert reports, it probably
didn't have end ladders or a brake platform. The car was rebuilt from a
horse car to a barrel car in 1907, but there is no information about the
extent of the rebuild or whether or not an end ladder and brake platform
were added. I've searched the web for picture of freight cars circa 1907
without finding any pictures that include the B end, so there's not much
upon which to base a decision. The model is almost ready to paint and decal,
so I have to make a determination soon. I'm interested in any information
that would help decide whether or not to add the ladder and platform. I
would also appreciate a diagram of Q practice circa 1907 for KC brake
component arrangement.

Nelson

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com