[CBQ] Re: BRHS vitality

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BRHS vitality
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:23:25 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1284341019; bh=7g8jzuJyorKrFGrLzIU+V5XY5Gk3s4ri4eoNOKGUOzs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE:Importance:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kO5T5iOOGOuVeBXtemSy7bPVFLaN9xSL5NM0zZdplGA71Io+r8PGaUVDIX2HMgYi0sW+pYz7wTuVjaf5lSNtpv1MdpO9RZjmd6jENU6FOXinvbVtzlWkV+SlGicm+o4I
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Having just returned from the Geneva meet and listened to the discussion
about the Bulletin and dearth of recent issues, I would like to offer my
perspective on BRHS vitality. I'm interested in prototype modeling, and I
chose CB&Q as my prototype largely because of the articles I read in the
bulletin. Because of space limitations, I wanted to model a branch line near
my location in Eastern Iowa, and the Washington branch of the CB&Q, nee
Burlington and Northwestern, grabbed my attention thanks to Dave Lotz's fine
work on BB#30.

The Bulletin is a worthy ambassador for the BRHS, and regular issues would
go a long way toward encouraging new members to join the society. I joined
BRHS in April 2010. If I don't receive one or more bulletins within a year
of joining, I may have to reconsider membership and just buy issues as a
non-member, when and if they are eventually published.

In Geneva, I volunteered to facilitate publication of Burlington Bulletins
in any way I can. I have writing, editorial, and electronic publication
experience. I'm retired, and I have time to devote to areas of interest.

Add value to my membership by publishing at least one Bulletin per year, and
I may stick around.

Nelson Moyer

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com