[CBQ] Re: BRHS vitality and potential cooperation

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BRHS vitality and potential cooperation
From: Ray Bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:25:19 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1284423923; bh=PbvIFKZDQm2e7UOMYGo9TMCe4iNmqNyC+fXNfpiajpA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pN3tv2TIIH0bSrGk2tmPAp3YykMu8xyrWXLa6h9owS+tjRWQiDs/2MrDk2MGFBAwA3NDBwZobZ9Ov9FcV51Ts2RTWmibD+apM61Nn7xIMF207M2GRff51AnI02PFzEKo
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I don't know how many are aware of it, but the Great Northern and Northern
Pacific have a joint ARCHIVE site at:
http://www.gn-npjointarchive.org/default.aspx
This site lists lots of great  information about both railroads - oh ya, they
also have information on the BN, but nothing on the Q. But I think the BN
portion covers only the x-GN and x-NP locations.
Some of the titles in the archive site are:BN station PlatsGN Archive
HoldingsGN DepotsGN RR PhotosNP drawingsNP Rostersunder "Pictures" items such
as:GN Cascade Division, MiscGene Hawk Photos, NP Photos
And more.
Now I assume that the reason why they combined their archive information on one
web site, is because they were competitive with each other and followed almost
the same route between the Twin Cities and Seattle. But, as we all know, both
continued on to Chicago by the Q.
I wonder if anyone one has ever contacted them to see if we could be part of
their web archive site. IF nothing else, at least the Twin Cities to Chicago
portions.
Ray BedardSan Jose CA

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com