Re: [CBQ] Burlington vitality

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington vitality
From: "homanfamily" <homanfamily@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:28:32 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1284254923; bh=SPxRn3WThi+hmifEczBiRuJ9QBCciWda62UBfXN+99s=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:Authentication-Results:X-Received-SPF:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=leDKxpdZUjC1d4h6SaX6p6U8eBE12IpNFoZBV4Kg6gLvx+fUwyLu0kd6C0z8OMw/+Y/t0tlIXSTmgWm807sOMguU+erqWRa8QfdRMg+GsWUQ4/3tRUCnGbC97IcX7kmV
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
    OK, here is my input.  I was stationed at Ft Sill OK for over 10 years
and was friends with the modelers in Wichita Falls TX.  I spent many hours
watching FW&D trains and switching operations there.  When I was overseas on
a short tour in 72, I bought Hol Wagner's "Colorado Road".  I liked the C&S
and FW&D but had never thought about a historical society.  This changed
about 11 years ago when I was on a business trip in NJ.  I stopped in a
hobby shop, to check it out, in Pennsauken and there in their magazines for
sale was a Bulletin on Narrow Gauge in Iowa.  I bought it out of curiosity
and was so impressed, I sent for information on the Society.  I joined and
have been a member ever since.  I have yet to get to a meet as first I
worked, now I am retired but I teach part-time.  It hasn't worked out yet.
I had the opportunity to meet David Lotz last week at the 30th Narrow Gauge
Convention in St. Louis.  So, My input is that many might not even know of
the existance of the BRHS until they see the Bulletin.
    I have some questions I play to post concerning operations but that is
another issue.  Thanks for all who contribute.
                                                                    Pat
Homan, Cincinnati