Re: [CBQ] BRHS Vitality (Action Item)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] BRHS Vitality (Action Item)
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:30:49 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240605054; bh=s8Gj2pjzHTdMQLdvoe5LtgPUBEQN623GQI+NjwpmOCc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=gMDembHF1eVF4pvORZ3Pe41mJOwy6XEj4JALtTy5Fm1kW+ttN6OhYOP1YulkAUrtHK/PNAr8rVnGBRBj3srAFJ8g+D0/LhQce8acDq4IzjwapOa65przCD9Qpi1NdSU4
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Lee - there have been joint meets before, I believe the latest was
the AT&SF - Streator meet a few years back.

There are reasons that some are hesitant about the NP & GN HS.
At 01:40 PM 4/24/2009, you wrote:.

>For the life of me, I do not understand why the idea of sharing
>expenses & doubling the size/attendance/offerings of a Meet with
>another group of fellow railfans consistently falls prey to
>nay-sayers, even when several members from each organization have
>volunteered to take the reigns and make it happen.
>
>A joint meet is simply a WIN-WIN ~ attendance is multiplied and
>costs are shared, thus resulting in the ability to feature many more
>appealing events that would not otherwise be possible.  Railfans
>gain exposure to more material, new friendships, larger swap meets,
>vast modeling ideas, varied clinics, etc.  Just imagine the Hill
>Road societies combining resources for a joint NP/GN/Q meet in a
>common city such as Twin Cities ~ reserve SPUD, charter an
>observation or dome in/out of Chicago ~ such are but a few of the
>many possibilities when pooling resources.  Best of all,
>coordinating such a monumental meet will energize the membership of
>each society and foster sustained growth/participation which would
>in turn support these enhanced operations.
>
>WHY NOT!?!?
>
>As one of the youngest participants in BRHS, I'd like the Society to
>be around for many more years.  I hope that those at the helm will
>take notice and schedule a big & exciting joint meet in 2010 to get
>the boost BRHS needs.
>
>Lee Edgar

Bob Webber