Re: [CBQ] E-Zine

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] E-Zine
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:25:11 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240543491; bh=zfHI044FV0TwiEjB39fTV3mvZLPkph0YczR9Y5VzXys=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=jWJkIYsj+ckB6pPHUlwpEZD/RQpInJBGchmavLKMURhARJUYF/U/IHF9fW8gmLy8SmXDXWmEvShSJFLXwAyYmqjHDoRMjwe7Wng5mKoVP+EkggH4TjYcLWCw9jo5ywj6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo-

The PRR, B&O, SAL and C&NW groups have on-line "e-zines" .... electronic
magazines.... that deal with modeling equipment, structures, and scenes of
their roads.

The BRHS has always been somewhat light in its modeling activity.....  we have
some outstanding modelers, and get good participation in the annual meet
modeling display/
contest, but the Bulletin has always been "historical" and the Zephyr, while it
has had some articles, is limited (as compared to regular magazine modeling
articles) in its coverage of projects.

An on-line magazine could, since electrons are cheaper than printed pages that
have to be mailed, offer as much material and in as depth as the authors can
produce and the readership wants.  I don't see the e-zine as being in
competition with the current publications; but I do see it as a way of possibly
getting new members into the organization.

I agree with you about the need for the existing publications to be brought out
on a more consistant and frequent basis, but this effort would be parallel to
them and not in competition.   I don't see the Zephyr developing into a 25
pager anytime in the near future and the Bulletin is just fine in its
traditional historical coverage.

Charlie Vlk

PS-   Don't let the geography of your service prevent you from writing
articles...... if somebody wants different content then they can submit
articles on subjects they want to see in print!!    Your stories are valuable
and should be recorded!!!