Re: [CBQ] Suburban "Circus Paint Scheme" Converted Cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Suburban "Circus Paint Scheme" Converted Cars
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:39:20 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I think you guys are talking past each other.
Bob is referring to the standard commuter coaches, whereas Leo is describing
the mainline coaches that were fitted out
for Suburban service....which had non-standard (by fleet standards) exterior
air conditioning "bubbles".   The Burlington
Bulletins on the Heavyweight Chair Cars and Suburban Service cover them.
The term "Circus Paint Scheme" is misleading as it makes one think of the
experimental schemes of many colors that were
trialed before settling on the attractive Forest Green/Tan/Yellow with Silver
Roof standard Suburban Service scheme.
The Newberry Library got PR Dept Files which included photos of many, if not
all, of the experimental schemes (I was at
the Newberry when the boxes were newly arrived and got to see the contents of
some of them) but I've never heard anyone
remark about any of the material since... I don't know what happened to the
boxes or if they ever were cataloged or put into
the Newberry's Collection.
Charlie Vlk