[CBQ] Suburban "Circus Paint Scheme" Converted Cars

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Suburban "Circus Paint Scheme" Converted Cars
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:06:20 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have always wanted to model the suburban cars in what some call the
"Circus Paint Scheme" or the Forest Green with tan window band,yellow
pinstriping
and Alum. roof and vestibules. It's clear (at least to me) that  short of major
kit bashing nothing is a "close enough" conversion for the Aurora  Shop built
7100's. We won't even broach the subject of the "power cars".

However using the many available source books and BRHS Bulletins I've  pretty
well narrowed it down to nine potential reasonably easy conversions. The
four 4500 ACF built 4500 series cars (4506,07,27 and ?) and the five  Pullman
built 6100 series (6151,6135.....). Lets make that 7 relatively easy
conversions
as the 6135 and (?) had the air conditioning bubbles.

What I'm hoping you guys can confirm is that the 4500's didn't have  the A/C
bubbles and which H.O.scale ,available off the shelf cars are  reasonable
likenesses for these cars. "Close enough" is good enough for me. If  the window
counts and spacing are right,correct roof ,ends and trucks. I'd  be a happy
modeler. Just looking for something that can be painted,lettered and  called
"close enough".

Does it exist ?

Thanks,
Leo Phillipp