Re: [CBQ] D&RGW PAs on the Zephyr

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] D&RGW PAs on the Zephyr
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:57:13 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As info the normal delivery mode for D&RGW units in the
60's was dead to Lincoln, put in service and then to
Denver in normal service. They went directly home from
Lincoln, no "Grand Tours" in those days.

As long as we are on the subject CB&Q units went dead
from McCook to Ft Madison on the AT&SF. Last order that
I know was moved this way was the SW10's. I do not know
if they went into Corwith or not.

C&S/FW&D units were delivered via CB&Q. Do not know
where put in service.

AT&SF was Congress Park to Ft Madison on the CB&Q. It was
policy that they were always supposed to go into Cicero.
I am pretty sure I have a shot of a brand new SD40 being
switched at "The Valley" so I know that it continued that
long. They were moved dead.

For the same tax issue AT&SF also got just about all it's
Mechanical and Engineering material from the CB&Q at Ft
Madison. On the other hand the CB&Q got their's direct.
I do not know why.

Russ