[CBQ] Hazard Pay?

To: "gngoat" <gngoat@yahoogroups.com>, <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Hazard Pay?
From: "chuck hatler" <charles.hatler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:26:07 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Goats and Burlington friends:

I was talking to some folks in Ft. Worth last week.  One of them told me a
story I had not heard.  It may not even be true, but I would not be
surprised if it is true.  Like a good tax that hangs around long after its
duty is fulfilled, any payments that went into a union contract seem to live
on forever, and them some.  Perhaps a former train service employee can shed
some light on it.

Seems that one of the bargaining units in the Denver area recently gave up
hazard pay for the trainmen.  Guessing this was probably rolled into one of
the trip rates.

The hazard?  Indian attacks.

Chuck Hatler

KC MO