Re: [CBQ] Typical speed on the East End

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Typical speed on the East End
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:10:38 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rodger just as with most things you can not please all of the people all of the
time
No. 1 is Metra  No. 2 is Amtk and No. 3 is BNSF.
I have multiple bosses both down here in Ft. Worth as well as many in both
Chicago and Cicero.  Problem is most have less time on the RR then I do on the
Job.  I sit on the fence with mud balls coming at me from Freight on one side
and Passenger on the other side and you have to duck both and get the trains
over the road.  That is if some DS ( and I do not mean dispatcher) had not
deadheaded all the crews home.  Give me half a chance and I can move every
train thrown at me and the chair right out from under the trainmaster and he
will not realize it till he is sitting on the floor.  I told a TM that on nite
and proved to him I could do it on more then one occasion.  After working as a
train dispatcher for 20 years I found out the job is a entry level management
job I now have 34 years and in just 22 months I am GONE
SJH