Re: [CBQ] Typical speed on the East End

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Typical speed on the East End
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:23:17 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve,

A couple of years ago I was heading west on #5, we waited at CUS for 2  women
to come off of the Capitol Limited which was running late. Amtrak held #5
for 90 minutes, I was riding out to Osceola IA, about 300 miles west of
Chicago,
 we got there 3 hours late. We'd lost our dispatch window. I couldn't help
but think how many bad feelings toward Amtrak for holding up a train for 2
people. A lot of the passengers that I talked to were upset at BNSF, I'm going
you can't be upset at the railroad, as BNSF tries very hard to run the Amtrak
trains on time.

Loren