Re: [CBQ] California Zephyr/Nebraska Zephyr/Pool 1949 Budd Baggage Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] California Zephyr/Nebraska Zephyr/Pool 1949 Budd Baggage Cars
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:01:39 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As far as the question of baggage cars, when there had to be a substitute
baggage car on the CZ the only one I have ever seen a photo of was a
Burlington
Havelock baggage car. Of course I'm not saying that other baggage  cars were
put into use... the only one I've seen a photo of was a  Havelock.

As far as the Q F-3's go, they stayed together throughout most  their service
life. One reason being they lacked dynamic braking. This is  perhaps why
after being removed from passenger service and later repainted  in gray they
kept
the original numbers 9960-9962 ABC. Dynamic brakes were  never installed on
those nine F units. Although the steam boilers were removed,  when I don't know
but I would think at the time they were shopped for  repainting.

I have thought about modeling a set in freight paint, 9961 ABC of  course
using the Genesis bodies. I was hoping Athearn would do a set in freight
paint,
but they haven't said anything about that.

Loren Johnson