Re: [CBQ] Re: E-5a Silver ? on display south of Dallas, TX?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: E-5a Silver ? on display south of Dallas, TX?
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:50:56 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sadly the only E-5 that was saved is Silver Pilot out at IRM. I understand
the Nebraska Zephyr set has been moved to the shop for repairs. Now I didn't
find out if all the train went but I suppose it's just the cars that were
damaged. It's going to cost somewhere around $350,000.00 for the trip and
repair
in the "body shop". I hope the NZ is back at Union soon.

Other E units have been saved but the one that really troubles me is the
E-7. Only one is saved. The E-7 had the highest run of all the E units. If you
think about it the Alco PA did better than the E-7. There are two saved!