Re: [CBQ] California Zephyr/Nebraska Zephyr/Pool 1949 Budd Baggage Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] California Zephyr/Nebraska Zephyr/Pool 1949 Budd Baggage Cars
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:29:30 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Actually, the D&RGW folios for the SILVER ANTELOPE show the following:
Boiler Water Capacity, Gallons .......2,000

Which leads me to believe that they were set to carry water for
boilers (in adjacent motive power).

In Portrait, there is mention of the first test train, and in it it
is mentioned that the WP ballasted the baggage car by filling the
2,000 water tanks in the baggage car - clearly then, ALL CZ baggage
cars had these tanks.

It would be logical then, that follow-on orders would as well.  For
the obvious reasons.  Then, naturally, the pumps make a logical
inclusion as well.

Bob Webber