[CBQ] Re: Aurora Commuter Operations

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Aurora Commuter Operations
From: "Rory Murchison" <murchi209@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 01:04:43 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
ok, how bout in the morning, was it kinda the same operation? i.e.
Depot switcher pulls a string of gallery cars to the depot and power
comes up light from the RH?

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, <sholding@...> wrote:

> Rory
>
> Rodger E Units cut off at west end and went west to Hurd's Island
and then lite to the incline and down two Roundhouse
> In the mean  time the depot engine would start work on the East end
of depot double a couple trains together and take to Hill Yard
> Both moves against inbound dinky's  Switch engine would come up
against the lite engines going down and move to west end of depot
platforms and put some more trains away in the depot.  While dinky's
arrived and cut motors off heading to the barn.
> The Christmas Tree(Signal on Hurds Island at west end of platform)
See Spoor Vol. 4 P 86 back side of signal or Spoor Vol.2 P. 44
protected Platform track 2, into the west end of yard and also
turntable.  Get in the right section and there was a button on the
front of the machine in the tower which would give you a lunar signal
into the occupied tracks as during the nite a dinky would get stored
on track 2 in the platform.
> Before all the cab cars showed up the engines would turn on the
trains that made a flip at Aurora.  With cab cars was not needed.
> SJH
> former tower op Aurora

Hill
>   yard for overnight storage. Did the E unit take the train to Hill
yard
>   or the Aurora depot SW1?
>
>   I have seen a thread that describes E units going down to the
Xover at