Re: [CBQ] Aurora Commuter Operations

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Aurora Commuter Operations
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:55:37 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rory

Rodger E Units cut off at west end and went west to Hurd's Island and then lite
to the incline and down two Roundhouse
In the mean  time the depot engine would start work on the East end of depot
double a couple trains together and take to Hill Yard
Both moves against inbound dinky's  Switch engine would come up against the
lite engines going down and move to west end of depot platforms and put some
more trains away in the depot.  While dinky's arrived and cut motors off
heading to the barn.
The Christmas Tree(Signal on Hurds Island at west end of platform) See Spoor
Vol. 4 P 86 back side of signal or Spoor Vol.2 P. 44 protected Platform track
2, into the west end of yard and also turntable.  Get in the right section and
there was a button on the front of the machine in the tower which would give
you a lunar signal into the occupied tracks as during the nite a dinky would
get stored on track 2 in the platform.
Before all the cab cars showed up the engines would turn on the trains that
made a flip at Aurora.  With cab cars was not needed.
SJH
former tower op Aurora