Re: [CBQ] Fw: Foreign Sleepers CZ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fw: Foreign Sleepers CZ
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:53:30 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The "one PRR car" is the 10-6 SILVER RAPIDS - but that was bought as
part of the original consortium purchase, and until the end of the
transcon deal (in 57-58) it should not be considered a foreign
car.  There were plenty of other PRR cars that were on the CZ other
than SILVER RAPIDS, and SILVER RAPIDS itself showed up as a foreign
car after the transcon deal stopped (with the black roof and
PENNSYLVANIA on the train board name - to better fit in with the
Florida service) (which is why Broadway Ltd shipped it that way in
the second release).   Most often seen were the 4-4-2s but other cars
were seen as well, including other cars in the PRR 10-6 RAPIDS
series.   Those were typically in the tuscan red color scheme
though.  There are a lot of photos of those cars in the train, and I
rode in at least two CZs with PRR cars in the consist.

There are well over 20 RTR cars available to run as foreign cars in
the HO CZ, and over 3 times that if you want to build kits / sides cars.

BTW, one of the cars from the Con-Cor extras for the PZ is still
around on the Mark Twain Zephyr sitting around in Iowa.  I think it
is car 500, but not sure - it had been on the PZ up until the PZ was
taken for display, then removed.  But it *is* still around.    As is
all the glass and interior for the MTZ.  A pity a reliable buyer
can't be found for it.

Bob Webber