Re: [CBQ] Fw: Foreign Sleepers CZ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fw: Foreign Sleepers CZ
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:33:51 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Also with the 1952 equipment order from Budd, the two 10-6's that were bought
for the CZ, Silver Chasm and Silver Craig for some reason lacked the 3 extra
windows on the bedroom isle. These two 10-6's had all the CZ equipment as did
the 16 Section Silver Cedar and the Observation Silver Lookout.

When CZ equipment went in the shop, such as the buffet-dome-dorm, of which
there were only 6, I have seen photographs of the KCZ Silver Garden and Silver
Patio in the CZ consist. I would think with Garden or Patio in the consist
another sleeper would have to cover for the dorm as Garden and Patio lacked the
dorm space the CZ would have required. When extra coaches were needed I've seen
shots of the pre war Budd flat tops in the CZ. Although I've never seen a
photo of Silver Dome running in the CZ consist it could have very well
happened.

With BLI producing the CZ this opens up a wealth of possibilities for the
modeler. Also with Walthers producing many of the Budd and Pullman Standard
Pullmans we have a fleet of correct Pullmans to add to our CZ trainsets. In his
Burlington color books, Mike Spoor told me he looked for as many slides of
foreign Pullmans running in the CZ. As I said in an earlier post, about the
only
Pullman I wouldn't expect to find in a CZ consist would be an Amtrak.

Loren Johnson