[CBQ] Special equipment for cars in hide service

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Special equipment for cars in hide service
From: "Mark Heiden" <mark_heiden@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:00:14 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello everyone,

I've been collecting information on some 50ft boxcars in hide service
that I'm planning to model using Proto 2000 kits.  The cars in
question are:

CBQ 21154, 21235, 21378, 22371 (50ft AAR single door boxcar)
CBQ 48506, 48593 (50ft AAR double door boxcar with end door)

In the Official Railway Equipment Register these cars are listed as
type XP, specially equiped to handle a specific commodity.  Would sort
of special equipment would a hide car have?  I was under the
impression that hides were either shipped in barrels or crates, or
were just piled loose in the car (the more I think about a car full of
loose hides the more I hope it never happened!).

Thanks,
Mark Heiden

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM