[CBQ] Re: 1920 Diagram Book

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 1920 Diagram Book
From: "captmix" <tamix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 02:15:02 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Ben...the diagram for the FM-10 is for a 41 foot flat car which
appears to have a fish belly underframe with "truss rods!" The diagram
for the FM-11A, 45 foot, shows a regular steel underframe car. Both
evidently used arch bar trucks. (In 1930 anyway) I can scan and send
both diagrams and also the truck diagrams for those two cars.

Please note that diagrams do not have much detail, they are not plan
drawings. But the basic outline and very basic measurements are there.

Which one would suit your project? Send me your home e-mail address
for sending the attachment.

Tom Mix,  Colorado

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Ben de Vries <ben1.vries@p...> wrote:

> Sorry Tom for breaking into this conversation but I am very
interested in
> diagrams of the FM-11 flat car and it's 40' predecessor  (FM-10??) as I
> would  like to investigate the possibility of kitbashing  Red
Caboose 42'
> flatcars into correct Q
> flatcars. So if it's not too much trouble..... I would be very grateful
> for a scanned copy!  Ben de Vries, Veldhoven, Holland

FM 9.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM