Re: [CBQ] Couple of more dispatcher sheet questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Couple of more dispatcher sheet questions
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:44:23 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill
The sheet on Page 26-27 is the main line sheet and covers Creston to Omaha  The
sheet on Page 46-47 is for the branch lines off that mainline section.
Note the center shows Hamburg to Griswold.  With Red Oak in the center of the
column  The 9104 only operated from Red Oak north to Griswold so is only shown
on the top part.  At the time the heavier road engines would be parked in Red
Oak and the crew used a smaller lighter engine to make the side trip.
I am not sure when the sheets changed but some time in the late 60 or at the
merger to save printing costs the sheets became generic and a printed station
column sticker was used.  But this was not the same in all offices of the BN
some used printed sheets which were more professional and the only ones I have
collected.
Signaling and CTC was not marked on the train sheet.  Unless it was out or a
signal was out then would be listed in the delay column.  Who reported and when
fixed.  When trains were reversed in the Rule 251 territory then it was shown
with red lines across the column between the stations the train was reversed.
I do not have any K Line sheets.  I have sent an article in on the Iowa Branch
lines thru Centerville.  And have been working on one between Galesburg and
Ottumwa.  I also have no Ottumwa to Creston Sheets.  Some day I am going to
work on one which covers a Steam Excursion and the East End, Main Line sheets
to cover it.
Bill do not make your sheet too complicated.  Remember Model Railroading is
(Suppose to be) FUN
sjh