Re: [CBQ] Couple of more dispatcher sheet questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Couple of more dispatcher sheet questions
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:20:47 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill
I have enjoyed operating when ever I can.  I run the westbound Metra Parade out
of Union Station every weekday nite as the Union Ave Dispatcher(only 9 miles of
track and a lot of Computer reporting work)  I got started operating in the
MidWest Region of the NMRA in the mid 70's with Steve King and Ron Roberts and
have operated on every scale except G.  Once you start to operate you lose the
scale and it is real.  I try and add some operating touches.  Once during a
steam session I had to double a hill.  I then cut off the engine and pulled up
to the tank for water.  I then reported the tank dry and so had to run minus
train to the next tank and then double back for the train.  Another time I had
an auto parts train and one of the loads scattered auto frames all over the
inside of a curve, another load shifted on the flat.  So had to cut them off
and run up and set out in the face of a Passenger train where upon all the
crews died.
Last weekend our O scale club met at our usual.  I started in the yard and made
up a train for the industrial area.  Took it out and switched the industrial
area.  This entails a back up move back into the Yard.  For this I built a
model of the Q Bay window transfer Waycar used at Western Ave(the yard I work
with every nite)  Next I went to the Coal Branch(it is in the owners building
and he is a PRR Fan)where we now have a steam engine (2-8-0) to run.  It is
different then when we use to use a geep.  The branch has a tunnel and you can
not switch into the tunnel.  The coal mine needs to be switched and you can
only pull two cars at a time out. You also have to leave two empties on the
siding which is the outside track of the tipple. so it takes a lot of thinking.
 I had left a wayfreight for some one else to run and two other guys who know
zip ran.  It was a real joke
Got to run
Steve