RE: [CBQ] Burlington Ia Sizes of Turntables for Q and RI

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <ritslist@storm.simpson.edu>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Burlington Ia Sizes of Turntables for Q and RI
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:14:04 -0600
Hi All,

I've uploaded the following images of the BCR&N / CRI&P roundhouse,
enginehouse and freighthouse in Burlington.

The first image is a copy of the 1900 Sanborn Insurance Fire maps showing
the BCR&N turntable and roundhouse at the top and the B&NW & B&W facilities
below.
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/images/BCR&N Sanborn.gif
<http://www.burlingtonroute.com/images/BCR&N%20Sanborn.gif>

The second image shows the turntable and roundhouse:
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/images/RI%20Roundhouse.jpg

The third image shows the turntable and enginehouse after the roundhouse was
removed:
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/images/RI%20Enginehouse.jpg

The fourth image shows the BCR&N / CRI&P freighthouse just north of
MacArthur Bridge (yeah, I know it doesn't have anything to do with the
topic, but it's a neat photo):
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/images/RI%20Freighthouse.jpg

Dave Lotz
St. Louis